1) Short stories – we love stories about true events and real experiences on any subject, but prefer memoirs, and paranormal and supernatural experiences (2,500 words)
2) Literary essays as long as they are interesting and vibrant (1,500 words)
3) We accept articles on any subject, travel, unusual experiences, humorous incidents, literary history, famous poets or writers, poetry therapy and therapeutic journaling for self-healing (2,500 words)
4) Poetry – using everyday language and possibly narrating true events about real people (short poems have a better chance due to space limitations.) Do not send more than three poems.
5) Book reviews (1,000 words)
6) We would also consider any suggestions which are interesting and a novelty.
7) Deadline for submissions for the August/September issue is June 31 and for the February/March issue September 30.
Kindly note this publication will not accept works which use obscene language, racism, or hate speech.
Pre-published works are accepted as long as author owns the copyright. We also encourage authors to acknowledge the previous publishers, even if the work has been published in more than one publication.
Send submissions in Word .doc or .docx 12 point Arial. A 200 word bio + photo can be added is so desired, this will be included in the magazine at the publisher's discression.
It’s important that your work is submitted as one document, excluding your photo. In case of prose, pages should be numbered. The title of your work should be on a front cover page, with your name and email. Your full name should be repeated on every other following page. In the case of poems, please provide a title for each and your name on every page. When you communicate through email, please identify yourself properly with your full name in the subject line. Please do not sign your work or your manuscripts with just your initials. Some other writers’ names could start with the same initials thus creating hassle and confusion for the editors.
These guidelines are what we would need from you to facilitate our lives and we would be extremely grateful if you would follow to the letter. Thank you.
I would like to take the opportunity to thank all past and prospective writers for considering our magazines for publishing their work. Kindly note issue one of Literature for the People, in both Kindle and printed versions is available for sale on Amazon. Buying a copy would give you a clear idea of the finest writers who have been featured in this first issue of Literature for the People and help you to know what we are looking for. Literature for the People is being sponsored by me alone, so sales are VERY important to make up for some of the expenses required to produce an all-round good quality publication.
Special thanks to James Deahl and Norma West Linder for their indomitable encouragement and enthusiasm which was indispensable for us to commence with a bumper issue of 131 pages, filled with some of the best writers in the UK, the USA, Canada, Cuba and Malta.
I look forward to reading your work. The next issue will be published in February/March 2021